Panteg House, Griffithstown, Torfaen was once the residence of Panteg Steelworks' manager and is now the home of Panteg Employees' Club.
The building (previously known as Belvedere) was passed to Panteg Employees' Club and Recreational Institute on 21st August 1920, for use by the workers at Panteg Steelworks, located just down the road. The structure and grounds were built by the owners of the steelworks and has remained in their possession until today.
In its heyday to the left of the front aspect, linked to the building, were greenhouses and forcing houses, yielding vegetables for the house. A boiler beneath the flagstones heated a peach house.
Around 1873 it became the home of Isaac Butler and his family. He was one of three engineers moved from Swansea to reorganise the steelworks, which he later partly owned. Later he and his family left to make steel in America for the war effort (WWI). Isaac (aged 22) and Mary Butler (aged 16) married in 1861 in Swansea. In 1911, a stained glass window was created in St Hilda's Church for their fiftieth wedding anniversary.
Panteg House had been a military hospital during the First World War. Again around 1939 it was seconded by the military, to be left hugely damaged with smashed windows.
When British Nylon Spinners was planned at Mamhilad, the Assembly Rooms at Panteg House were used as the HQ, housing 14 draftsmen. Panteg House has outlived both the steelworks and British Nylon Spinners, later ICI/du Pont.