Panteg House is home to Panteg Football Club, who currently have two senior teams playing in the Welsh Football League, and two Under 18s teams, both playing in the Gwent County Youth League.
PANTEG AFC CLUB HISTORY
Panteg AFC was formed in 1935 and played in the Usk & District League for a couple of seasons before reforming after the war in 1947 under the name RTB Panteg (which became Panteg in 1972) as a team representing the local Richard Thomas & Baldwin Steelworks (previously Baldwin Steelworks), and played its home games at the RTB Sportsground, but in 1981 the grounds were sold to make way for a major road development. The club then relocated half a mile away to Panteg House Sportsgrounds, where they have been ever since.
The team have in recent years been playing in the Gwent County League since the 1999/2000 season. However, after a 15 year spell out of the Welsh League - the club are finally back where they belong!
Recent achievements include:
- Reserves winning the Gwent Central League in 2011/12 and the 1st Squad gaining promotion back to the Gwent County First Division.
- 2012/13 marked a big year for the club as the 1st team win their first trophy in decades with a victory in the County Motors Cup Final and the reserves also winning their cup final.
- The 2013/2014 season Panteg achieved their ultimate goal after the 1st team squad achieved promotion back into the Welsh Football League.